Thursday, December 13, 2007

Today I Start Menopause

That title caught your attention, didn't it? Yup, today I'll be in menopause. Tim and I went to my post op appointment on Tuesday. My doctor, Dr. Cree, said that I'm not the worst case of endometriosis that he's seen but I am the most widespread. (You never really want to be on any doctor's top ten list.) He said that he found lesions on my stomach, bowels, appendix, etc... and suggested that we start trying for children right away. I think the look of shock and horror on our faces adequately communicated to him that we weren't ready. So he said that there were some drug options. First, I will be given a shot today that puts me into menopause for 6 months. This will help shrink what remaining lesions he didn't get rid of during surgery and will prevent new ones from forming. Then after the 6 months, I will be put on a birth control that only allows a few periods a year. I'll go off the birth control when we want to start having kids and we should be okay. If we don't get pregnant right away then it's surgery time again to clean me out one more time. It's a lot to take in and I just wish I could be in proper working order but I guess God has different plans. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Mihalek's said...

Wendy,

I'll be praying for you and Tim as you discover what God has planned for you. God gives us obstacles but never leaves us alone. May you find peace during this time.

Staci

SHARLENE said...

You don't need luck--you've got the Lord. He is in control. But I agree with the doctor. You should begin trying to get pregnant IMMEDIATELY. That Dr. Cree is so wise. hee-hee

Love you, sweetie!

Aunt Shar