Monday, December 10, 2007

My Surgery is Over and Christmas is Almost Here!

I SURVIVED! My surgery is behind me and Tim and I are looking forward to Christmas. My surgery was, thankfully, uneventful and less scary than my imagination let me build it up to be. It's amazing where your mind will take you if you let it. But, praise God, He gave me such wonderful nurses and a caring husband that they really put my mind at ease. The nurses understood my fears and were able to give me something to stop my out of control mind from racing. Overall it was a good experience and I realized how cared for I am. I had more friends and family wish me well and take care of me than you could imagine. I have the best people around me and I'm so fortunate.
Now on to Christmas...If you didn't get to see the Hodgin's Christmas card, click the link below. It's a good laugh!
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1266632262

3 comments:

SHARLENE said...

I'm so glad that surgery went well, Wen. Now you can look forward to the holidays without that feeling of "dread" over that upcoming surgery. Isn't it good to have it behind you?

Told you before, but that elf thing made Cecil and I crack up!

dylansmommy said...

I am glad you are feeling better. You know you were and are in our prayers. I love the elves. I think we're going to do that too. You guys are hilarious. Who knew Tim could dance that well?

Kendra

The Mihalek's said...

Yeah! We're fellow bloggers! Now we can keep in touch! I love your wedding pictures. You look so beautiful! We'll have to get together sometime. I would love to see your album. I'm glad your surgery went well too. It's so nice that you don't have to worry about it over the holidays!

I hope you have a wonderful first Christmas together. We were in Hawaii last year for Christmas. I am so glad we get to be here for our first Christmas home. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year too!

Oh, love the Elf card. I made one a couple of weeks ago too. They are so funny!